Join Carol's Free podcast
What is a Podcasting?
Podcasting is the latest on-the-go, on-demand technology. Podcasts are files published to the Internet which allow users to subscribe to an RSS feed and receive new files automatically by subscription. Once it's setup you recieve new files automatically into your iTunes software and then sync to your wireless devices.
What is iTunes & iPods?
iTunes is a digital media player application introduced by Apple Computer on January 9, 2001, at the Macworld Expo in San Francisco, California. iTunes is used to play and organize digital music and video files. The program is also an interface to manage the contents on Apple's popular iPod digital media players, as well as the iPhone.
iPod is a brand of portable media players designed and marketed by Apple Computers, launched on October 23, 2001 (Definition's adapted from wikipedia.org).
Directions for Subcribing to our Podcasts
2. Click on the Advanced menu item in the iTunes interface and select Subscribe to Podcast.
4. Click "OK".
5. iTunes will locate and download current and older Podcast episodes, available for you to access at your leisure.
6. After the download is complete, you can listen to the current Podcast by clicking the Play button located in the upper left-hand corner.
7. When you are ready to receive more Podcasts, simply click the Get button located next to the Podcast Title in the list, and iTunes will download the Podcast episode to the iTunes Library.
8. Click the Update icon in the upper right-hand corner to have iTunes search for new Podcast episodes.
9. To set your preferences for when and how you want iTunes to locate and download new Podcast episodes, click Edit in the menu and select Preferences in the pull-down menu.
10. To choose when iTunes checks for new episodes, select the down arrow and choose an option in the menu list (e.g., "Every day"). iTunes will check for episodes based on the criteria you select. iTunes will check for episodes based on the criteria you select.
11. To choose what you want iTunes to do once it locates new episodes, select the down arrow next to When new episodes are available, and choose an option from the menu list (e.g., “Download most recent one”).